Walking Football at Cromer Park
Manly Warringah Football Association is launching a new social, small sided Walking Football season in 2022!
Season Kick Off
- Time: 11am
- When: Every Friday, starting on the 6th of May 2022. Ending on the 26th of August 2022.
- Where: Cromer Park Field 1
- Address: 101 S Creek Rd, Cromer NSW 2099
- Price: $5.00 per game. Pay as you play!
- Season runs for 16 weeks. (No games on the 3rd of June 2022)
- A registration form will be provided for new players to complete for insurance purposes before games each week.
What is Walking Football?
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- Matches are played with modified formats (4v4/5v5/6v6) on smaller pitches with shortened game times and smaller goals.
- Walking Football aims to provide participants physical & mental health benefits, social contentedness and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
- Our Walking Football program is aimed at individuals over 45 years of age.
- Running is not allowed. A participant always has to have one foot on the ground.
- It is a non-contact version of the game.
- The ball cannot be kicked above head height.
- There is no heading of the ball.
- There are no ‘referees’ as such and the competitive angle is kept to a minimum.
- The focus is on fun and making friends.
For further information, please contact: