Photo: MWFA players from Curl Curl, Pittwater RSL, Manly Allambie, Harbord F.C. Dee Why and Seaforth gather at Abbott Rd to show their support of the #PlayinPurple 2022 campaign.
The #PlayinPurple campaign sees players of all ages, genders and geographies wear purple socks to raise awareness for a disease that is now the third most common cancer killer in Australia this year. The campaign grows from strength to strength each year with over 100 clubs, 3 state bodies, 7 high profile associations and 3 A-league clubs all supporting the nationwide awareness raising campaign.
PanKind CEO, Michelle Stewart said, “We were excited to see players of all ages pull on their purple socks to play in purple for pancreatic cancer this June, and we thank the clubs in the MWFA for their support and passion for this important campaign. The response in 2021 was truly incredible and we hope to see the peninsula turned purple again this June for pancreatic cancer awareness.”
David Mason, MWFA CEO, said, “The MWFA and our clubs are proud to support Purple Sock Day to help raise awareness for pancreatic cancer. Grassroots football plays an important role in our community and we encourage as many teams and clubs as possible to get behind the #PlayinPurple campaign. Our clubs have supported Purple Sock Day for a number of years now and the support continues to grow each year.”
The #PlayinPurple 2022 campaign will again be supported by Football NSW and A-League club Sydney F.C key associations around NSW who will be sharing key campaign messages and encouraging participation for this important cause.
Key information for the 2022 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple 2022 runs on two weekends of June 18/19 & 25/26 (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks) July 2/3 is also available as a third option for clubs.
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend in June!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- Players can also wear their 2021 purple socks and simply make a donation
- A #PlayinPurple Participation Pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @PanKindFoundation
- Clubs and associations are able to make a direct donation to PanKind.
- The campaign is live, socks available on our online store: https://fcw.com.au/shop-product/pankind-foundation-socks/
- Socks are delivered Australia wide in time for #PlayinPurple weekends in June
Follow our social media channels and visit our website to make sure you are
updated with key dates and information:
PanKind, The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is exclusively dedicated to pancreatic cancer with a mission to triple the survival rate by 2030 and dramatically increase the quality of life for patients and their families. We aim to achieve this through a strategic focus on raising awareness, collaboration to increase progress and investing in ground-breaking medical research.