10 June 2020
Dear Registered MWFA Players,
All MWFA football competitions will start on the weekend of 3/4/5 July.
The NSW Government Minister for Sport this morning announced that adult community sport will return from 1 July, following last weeks decision to allow U18 and below community sport to restart from that date.
It is important to note that the guidelines on training (specifically 10 to a group) remain in place until 1 July.
There will also be guidelines around matchday to ensure we restart competitions in a COVID-Safe environment, which will be communicated through your Club.
Draws will be published on the MWFA website over the coming days.
The plans sent to all players on 28 May (which is below as a reminder to all players) will now be put in place.
- Northern Beaches and Mosman Councils are finalising the date for the end of the season, based on the date they officially hand over fields from winter sport to summer sport. We are expecting final confirmation in the very near future that it will be the October long weekend, 6 weeks later than usual.
- The draw will have no wash out/spare weekends. Simply a match every weekend from the start to the finish.
- The regular season will be scheduled through to the second last available date (September 25/26/27), at which time a team will be crowned Major Premiers. Instead of semi finals and grand finals, the final game of the season (October long weekend) will see 1v2, 3v4, 5v6 etc so as many teams/people as possible play as many games as possible and the team that wins the 1v2 match in each division will be crowned Knockout winners
- With limited travel expected during the July school holidays, the draw will have midweek rounds during the July school holidays.
- For juniors they will play both weeks (Boys on Tuesday and Girls on Thursday) with games played during the day
- For seniors they will play a match on either the first week or the second week of the July holidays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). These games will be played at night.
- We will schedule another midweek round in the first week of the September/October school holidays for the juniors and sub juniors
- Borrowing Rules have been altered/relaxed to make sure all teams can field players. The clear intention is to provide as many opportunities for players and teams to play matches and be flexible enough to ensure all teams can borrow players to make up numbers if required.
All of this will see approximately 15-17 matchdays for all competitions.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your patience and understanding as we have all navigated our way through a very difficult period.
Id also like to single out the volunteers at the 17 Clubs for their hard work and dedication to work with us to get the best possible outcome for you as players and football on the Northern Beaches.
I hope you enjoy your season.