MWFA is proud to once again be supporting PlayinPurple, the national awareness campaign that sees football fields across Australia turn purple for pancreatic cancer.
Our 2023 #PlayinPurple weekend is scheduled for 29th and 30th July. During this weekend, we encourage all our teams to wear purple socks and play passionately to raise awareness and funds for one of Australia’s toughest cancers.
#PlayinPurple continues to be supported by Football NSW with CEO Stuart Hodge saying, “Football NSW is delighted to once again support this important campaign which grows from strength to strength each year. Participating in PlayinPurple is a simple way for our grassroots community to unite and support an important national cause. We hope clubs and associations across NSW will embrace the campaign on one weekend this July”.
Last year the campaign grew across Australia to see participation reach a record 25,000 players from almost 150 clubs, with MWFA being one of the biggest supporters.
PanKind CEO Michelle Stewart is thrilled to see associations like ours supporting PlayinPurple, saying “awareness on this scale is exactly what we need to help shine a light on this disease and this campaign is a wonderful opportunity to increase engagement between clubs, players and the community. We cannot thank clubs, associations and governing bodies enough for their support.”
Key information for the 2023 campaign:
● #PlayinPurple 2023 runs on three weekends in July, 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30
● All NSW football clubs and players are encouraged to participate with a simple change of your local club socks to PanKind purple socks for one weekend
● PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly towards pancreatic cancer research
● Players that have purple socks from previous years can simply wear those and make a donation to PanKind during the weekend
● 2023 sees new #PlayinPurple beanies available to purchase from the online shop
● A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide will be provided to each participating club
● Clubs are able to set up a club fundraising page on the PanKind fundraising platform
● We encourage clubs to approach their sponsors to support the campaign – by matching funds raised or making a donation for every goal scored across the weekend
● The campaign will launch and the online store will open on 26th April
Follow PanKind’s social media channels (Facebook | Instagram) and visit the PanKind website to make sure you are updated with key dates and information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries about the 2023 campaign.
PanKind, The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is exclusively dedicated to pancreatic cancer with a mission to triple the survival rate by 2030 and dramatically increase the quality of life for patients and their families. We aim to achieve this through a strategic focus on raising awareness, collaboration to increase progress and investing in ground-breaking medical research.
About Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is the 3rd biggest cancer killer in Australia. With a 5 year survival rate of just 12.2%, it claims as many lives each year as breast cancer but sadly only receives a fraction of the funding. It affects men and women equally and can occur at any time during adulthood.