The #PlayinPurple campaign that sees football fields across Australia turned purple for pancreatic cancer and supported by grassroots football clubs and associations, has been re-scheduled to the weekends of July 23/24 and 30/31 for clubs in NSW.
The adverse weather across the state coupled the sheer amount of rain has impacted the start dates for many local competitions around the regions, with some teams only recently playing their first games and clubs working extra hard to get their season started.
After broad consultation with associations and clubs, the overwhelming feedback is to re-schedule #PlayinPurple weekends to July 23/24 & 30/31, after the NSW school holidays. The re-schedule will allow more time for clubs to find their rhythm and remove any need to communicate deadlines for sock orders in the coming weeks, taking the pressure off those managers, coaches and parents who are focused on their own club activities at this time.
All other elements of the campaign remain unchanged, with the online store will remaining open for orders until the end of June. The PanKind website reflects these changes for football clubs in NSW.
We apologise for any inconvenienced caused, thank the associations for their cooperation and understand the change to the July dates for #PlayinPurple will better suit the grassroots footballing community who have largely been challenged by the disrupted start to the season.
The #PlayinPurple 2022 campaign will again be supported by Football NSW, Football West, Capital Football and A-League clubs Sydney FC and Perth Glory as well as key associations who will be sharing key campaign messages and encouraging participation for this important cause.
Key information for the 2022 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple 2022 runs on two weekends of July 23/24 and 30/31 (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks)
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend in July!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- The campaign is live, socks are available on the online store: https://fcw.com.au/shop-product/pankind-foundation-socks/
- Players can also wear their 2021 purple socks and simply make a donation https://playinpurple-2022.raisely.com/
- A #PlayinPurple Participation Pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @PanKindFoundation
- Socks are delivered Australia wide in time for #PlayinPurple weekends in July.
Follow our social media channels and visit our website to make sure you are
updated with key dates and information:
Find out more about the campaign here: https://pankind.org.au/take-action/playinpurple/
Follow us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PanKindFoundation
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support or enquiries about the 2022 campaign
Donations can be made on this page: https://playinpurple-2022.raisely.com/
PanKind, The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is exclusively dedicated to pancreatic cancer with a mission to triple the survival rate by 2030 and dramatically increase the quality of life for patients and their families. We aim to achieve this through a strategic focus on raising awareness, collaboration to increase progress and investing in ground-breaking medical research.