The Manly Warringah Football Association is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join their team in January 2023.
The Manly Warringah Football Association (MWFA) is the largest grassroots football association in Australia with more than 20,300 players registered with 1400 teams at 17 local clubs as well as the Manly United Football Club (representative teams).
The MWFA is the peak body responsible for the overall development, organisation and promotion of football on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Mosman and oversees a unified and integrated football eco-system that delivers a simple and clear football pathway for players of all ages and abilities.
The MWFA is committed to offering a grassroots environment with a clear mandate to keep players playing the game for enjoyment from the Mini-Roos through to the Over 40s and Over 45 competitions. All decisions are made in the best interests of football, MWFA Member Clubs and players.
The MWFA is equally committed to offering a clear pathway for talented players to move from grassroots clubs to Manly United and to the A-League Men and Women competitions and beyond so players can reach their potential.
The MWFA is a Member of Football NSW, Football Australia and as such is affiliated with FIFA, the world governing body for football.
The MWFA is offering an amazing opportunity for a young aspiring communications professional to turn a passion into a career and start the sporting administration journey.
The successful applicant will be able to immerse themselves into all aspects of modern communication and media under the guidance of an experienced sports media communication professional.
The successful applicant will have responsibilities in internal and external communication, across all aspects of modern media platforms for both the grassroots and representative clubs, teams and players.
This role is ideal for an applicant that has gathered some experience in communications and is looking to turn a part time / casual hobby or dream into a full-time role and career.
The position has been created following record growth in player numbers that has seen the MWFA grow to more than 20,000 players, which has increased the popularity of football but also created an opportunity to shape a better communication landscape amidst shrinking mainstream media outlets.
We have an inclusive, energetic and driven staff and we are looking for a communications administrator to tell the story of our players, clubs, volunteers and coaches on our platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Creation of written and digital content to be used across all MWFA and Manly United platforms, including websites, social media and eDm newsletters
- Illustrate the Northern Beaches football success stories with a focus on the players and coaches who follow the development pathway from the grassroots to the professional game
- Tell the human-interest stories of our local volunteers, coaches and players.
- Fostering relationships with grassroots clubs and volunteers
- Internal communication with the MWFA Member Clubs and volunteers
- Creation of digital material to assist with registrations and events across the MWFA community
- Control all social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, twitter) and ensure compelling content to tell the story of our clubs, players and volunteers
- Take responsibility for the MWFA and Manly United websites
- Assist MWFA and Manly United with relevant and compelling content to assist with leveraging sponsorships and strategic partnerships
- Identify and explore opportunities in mainstream and local media to tell compelling stories
- Writing Skills – a background in journalism or experience with content creation to a deadline.
- Social Media Experience – Experience with social media tools (publishing and monitoring technology) and an understanding of social trends. You will have had experience with social media management.
- Website Management – previous experience with a CMS like WordPress. Knowledge of SEO and Web Traffic Metrics.
- Passion for and Knowledge of Football – your content creation will be more engaging and more likely to build rapport with our members if you live and breathe football
- Local knowledge – An understanding of the local MWFA and Manly United ecosystem and landscape would be an advantage
- Creative Design Experience – ability to design digital material for flyers, newsletters and multimedia skills to create, select and prepare images and video content for social media and web.
- Flexibility – We will offer flexible working hours and in return will have an expectation that this role will sometimes require deadlines to be met outside traditional working hours.
- A Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or PR would be beneficial but not essential for the right candidate.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Completion of Working with Children Check
The successful applicant should understand a career in sports administration requires a flexible work / life balance that will include some evening and weekend work.
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with applications open until Monday 19 December 2022.
The successful candidate will commence the role in January 2023.