It is well known throughout the football community that the MWFA has a shortage of fields for playing and training across the Northern Beaches.
Each year, existing football fields are becoming increasingly deteriorated and overused.
The number of fields and their condition will only become worse for some, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Future population growth is not proportionate to generation of new sporting fields
- Continued growth in sporting participation
- Growth specifically in female football participation
- Cost to develop in future years will only increase
Now it has been confirmed that Northern Beaches Councils review has highlight currently a severe shortage of sports fields that will only increase should the status quo remain.
Within the report there is significant support for:
- Making better use of existing sports grounds
- Converting more sports fields to synthetic
- Acquire and embellish additional private land as part of new housing developments
- Convert existing open space to sports fields eg. Golf Courses
The draft Northern Beaches Sportsgrounds Strategy is now on public exhibition following endorsement at the Council meeting on Tuesday 30 May 2017.
This plan provides an overview of the 15 year strategy to address the current and future needs for sports fields.
The MWFA need you to have your say and support the required steps to accommodate the ever growing popularity of Football.
View the Council minutes
Council are holding two short presentation briefings on the Draft Sports grounds Strategy at Dee Why Civic Centre, Flannel Flower Room, the presentation will be followed by a Q&A session, we invite you to register your Interest to attend one of these sessions.
- Monday 19 June, 6pm to 7.30pm
- Tuesday 20 June, 6pm to 7.30pm
You are asked to make a submission by the following means:
- In writing addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Northern Beaches Council, 725 Pittwater Road Dee Why 2099
- Manly Daily – EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: 9977 3104 – POST OR DELIVER: PO Box 286, Manly 1655.
Further information can be found on the project page.
Submissions close Sunday 2 July 2017 so thank you for your support and please make your voice heard.